Saturday, March 12, 2011

Hi, This is it, The Official Blog for the Everest Young Expolorers!

Hi there !!, 


This is the blog site for the Everest Young Explorers trip to Base camp.
We are leaving on the 7th of April to fly to Kathmandu stopping at Bahrain on the way. We are then in Nepal for 23 days trekking to Everest basecamp at Gorak Shep and back again.


I am Tia and I will be writing the blog when I can. I am doing this is aid of the Sam Beare Hospice in Weybridge and Woking. This is my justgiving page http://www.justgiving.com/Tracy-Lovatt  


There are seven of us kids doing this. The youngest is 8 and the oldest is 11


More to follow..., keep watching and help my charity please !!!




Saturday 12th March 2011


4 weeks to go....everyone is training hard.


We have bought the rest of our clothes and first aid kit today. Mum says we spent a lot of money! We even managed to rip the bags we were carrying as they were so full. 






I'm feeling a bit nervous but excited at the same time. Tony has taken the straps off the duffel bags as they will get caught on the airport belt. They fit me like a harness! Mum says I've got to go to bed now...

We will be training at Box Hill tomorrow if anyone wants to join us at 10 at stepping stones car park.

Sunday 13th March 2011

Every day is getting more exciting. I am getting bored of walking Box Hill now and want to just get to Nepal, although they do fantastic victoria sponge in the cafe at the top and mum let me have one today!

More next weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Great idea Tia. Is your Mum going to do the same?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ian - no I'll be helping Tia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you all ready to go yet? I still need to pack. Not sure if I'll be able to get everything in my bag. Planning to try this weekend. See you in Kathmandu next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not packed as yet. Still sorting kit.
    See you in Kathmandu!!

    ReplyDelete